It is more important than ever to stay on top of your oral health. Here are some ways you and your family can protect your teeth:
- Brushing teeth and gums morning and night with fluoride toothpaste
- Spitting out the toothpaste rather than rinsing
- Eating less sugary foods and drinking plain tap water
- Eating healthy snacks
- Chewing sugar free gum between meals (to stimulate saliva) and protect from tooth decay.
Kid-friendly oral health resources
- Tooth brushing techniques to make sure we are giving our teeth a proper clean.
- Healthy eating which explains how sugars can cause tooth decay.
- The importance of a dental check-up which helps to keep our teeth in great shape.
- Plain tap water is the best drink for our teeth!
Parents should help children with developing good oral health habits as soon as they start teething.
Visit SA Dental Service website for more information.
Oral health information for adults
A healthy mouth has a positive impact on your overall health and wellbeing.
- Discover 6 ways to protect your teeth and gums
- Find out how a healthy mouth and quality of life are connected
- Oral health and general health describes how poor oral health can increase the risk of general health problems.
The good news is that most oral health problems are preventable.
Contact your local dental clinic to find out more.