To help keep the kids entertained and active throughout the holidays, we’ve pulled together some fun activities you can do at home and around Adelaide, without breaking the bank.
1. Yoga for children
Encourage kids to take a moment to slow down and focus on holding stretches and breathing with a Yoga for Children session at home. Play this guided video through your phone or stream it on your TV. Once they know the moves you could head outside for a change of scenery and do some yoga outdoors.
2. Take a bike ride
Leave the car at home and use your bike to get to places such as your local playground or the supermarket. Getting on your bike is also a great way of exploring your local area – visit Cycling Instead to plan your journey or visit Cycling Trails SA and plan your next adventure!
Way2Go provide a list of great resources to support children to ride a bike safely.
3. Be a tourist in your own backyard
The Adelaide CBD has many great places to visit and explore for free! You could:
- walk a section of the Adelaide100, a loop walking trail of over 100km that takes in the city, coast, waterways and hills around Adelaide
- wander through the Adelaide Botanic Gardens, which has over 50 hectares of garden spaces, picnic lawns and ponds
- visit the Adelaide Central Market, which is one of the largest undercover fresh produce market in the southern hemisphere
- walk down Rundle Mall to see the Christmas Window displays and spot Santa’s reindeer.
Want more information?
For more ideas to keep the kids entertained and busy during the school holidays, at no cost, see Activities for children or Arts and Culture, or read our blog on entertaining the kids at home during the school holidays.