Swapping ‘sometimes foods’, packed with unhealthy ingredients like fat, sugar or salt, for healthier food options is an easy way to boost your overall health and wellbeing. Check out these simple food swaps to include in your everyday routine.
1. Eating well at home
- Choose lean cuts of meat and trim any visible fat from meat, and skin from poultry
- Swap creamy or cheesy sauces for tomato or vegetable-based sauces - swapping pasta carbonara for pasta napolitana could save you about 1,500 kJ
2. Takeaway food
- Swap sweet drinks or alcohol for plain or sparkling water
- Swap a main course for an entrée-sized meal and save money
- Use carrot, celery, cucumber, capsicum sticks, or florets of broccoli or cauliflower instead of crackers with a low-fat dip
- Try swapping over to yoghurt, fresh fruit or a small handful of unsalted nuts instead of grabbing a biscuit, cake, lolly or chocolate
Want more information?
For more ideas to kick start your wellbeing, discover how you can stock your pantry with healthy basics